Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Bonkers in Aspen

 
Ol’ Hillary gave a speech at the Aspen Ideas Festival this past weekend. During an otherwise boiler-plated address, she laid this breath-taking egg:
    “I sometimes feel that Alfred E. Neuman is in charge in Washington,” Clinton said referring to the freckle-faced Mad magazine character. She drew a laugh from the crowd when she described Bush’s attitude toward tough issues with Neuman’s catchphrase: “What, me worry?”
This from the woman who married William Jefferson “What Me Worry?” Clinton??

This from a sort-of wife of a sort-of president whose foreign policy consisted of lobbing the occasional bomb followed up by massive libidinal overreach??

The gall. Talk about projection.

Dear Lord, find her a good therapist. Let’s certify her before she’s sworn in.

1 comments:

Dymphna said...

The link was messed up. I think you meant this: Political Therapy.

Personally, I want to send her to Bedlam, though that might be close to her experience of living with Sir Willie.

I'm almost perverse enough to want to see her in charge. I think it's part of a death wish, maybe...

...not that I'd ever vote for her, but I would be fascinated by her reign.